Stretch marks may appear in different parts of the body, they are especially common on the hips, thighs, arms, stomach and breasts. Stretch marks are formed when the skin has suffered damages characteristic by rapid growth. They are actually tissue scars.
Stretch marks on the thighs can be reduced.
– cocoa butter
– body scrub
- Cocoa butter applied on the hips. Recent studies have shown that regular using of cocoa butter helps attenuate stretch marks more rapidly in contrast with other creams available on the market. You should also take into consideration creams containing naturally healing ingredients such as the following: shea butter, jojoba, castor and rosehip oil.
- Try Mederma – a nonprescription medicine specially designed for the treatment of stretch marks and scars.(Note that most of creams specially designed to lose scars are really working.) Stretch marks are classified into hypertrophic and keloid. Curing time of stretch marks generally takes approximately six months before seeing significant improvements.
- Talk to a dermatologist about Retin – A topical creams.It has been shown that Retin-A creams greatly reduce stretch marks appearance. These creams stimulate cell renewal. And the new cells take the place of the old ones. Please note that Retin-A requires a prescription.
- Take into consideration laser therapy treatments.Depending on coloring characteristics of each individual’s stretch marks, there are a wide variety of different lasers to use. Laser treatment helps fade dark streaks, boost skin elasticity and also stimulate collagen production. Attention! Laser therapy can be highly costly and painful.
- Start using dermabrasion treatments.You should start seeing a licensed professional who will use a dermabrasion device in order to effectively treat stretch marks. This device has tiny crystals that are meant to polish the upper layers of the skin. It is expected to see noticeable improvements after repeated treatments. It is perfectly normal for your skin to look a little bit red and irritated immediately after each treatment.
- Chemical peeling.You should consult your dermatologist in terms of a chemical peeling. This treatment involves the application of chemicals, which react with the upper layers of the skin. The reaction of this treatment makes the upper layers to disappear within a few days. After repeated chemical peeling sessions, stretch marks are becoming less visible.