The nail fungus can be seen as the thick, discolored or yellowed nails, which my also brittle and completely splintered. The nail fungus not only that is not attractive at all, but, at times, it can be really painful. Here is the variety of causes which you need to know and understand if you have this problem. First of all, if you have the habit to smoke, this is a main cause of the problem. Smoking is always incriminated by the medical world as a factor of many diseases and healthy problems and nail fungus in one of them. Smoking reduces the sanguine flux from the peripheral circulation, which makes us more sensitive about local infections.
Some chronic or infectious diseases reduce immunity, so that the body is left defenseless against infections. In patients with these disorders is higher incidence of onychomycosis. Situations decrease in immunity are found in:
– Major stress
– Influenza infection
There are physiological and pathological situations when the hormonal status may influence natural resistance against fungal infections. So onychomycosis may be favored by menstrual disorders , pregnancy. Also, drugs presents some undesirable effects. The risk of fungal infection is also related with the treatment based on: immunosuppressive , antibiotics, corticosteroid , cytotoxic , gestagens.
Experts recommend us to keep nails clean, remove under nail deposits and use disinfected manicure and pedicure instruments. It is also advisable to not cut husks, but push them, they nail with protective role.
Here is a natural remedy which you can prepare by yourself, at home, using the efficiency of salt sea, which will quickly help you to get rid of your problem.
Here are the things that you need:
– a small bowl
– a towel
– sea salt
– hydrogen peroxide
– hot water
Here is what you need to do:
- Cut your toenails and file as many infected nail fungus as possible. This will help the sea salt treatment to reach more efficiently the affected area.
- Put hot water in a basin for the foot, with enough water to cover your fingers. Make sure the water is as hot as your feet are capable to bear.
- Roll a towel and place under the basin at the opposite end of the toes. This will tilt most of the water to the tip of your fingers into the bowl.
- Add 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide in water and then dip your toes in it.
- Get your wet fingers on the ground and pour sea salt on your toes. Let them stand for about three minutes before putting your fingers in water to soak. While your toes are perched outside the basin with sea salt on them, add 1 1/2 cups of sea salt and peroxide in the basin.
- Put your toes in the water and let them soak for 30 minutes.
- Remove the fingers of the solution and let them dry. Gently massage your feet and toes to help blood circulation on that area.
- Apply one or two drops of vinegar to the infected nail. Do not wear shoes or socks. If you must go out, wear sandals or flip-flops.
- Repeat this process daily or as often as you can until the nail fungus is gone. You may need to continue soaking at least once a week to prevent fungus reappear.