Cracks in the corner of the mouth is something that scares us, considering that many people face this problem at some point in life. This condition is called angular cheilitis (or stomatitis) and manifests through cracked corners of the mouth. Sometimes it heals by itself, but it can happen to worsen, causing great pain and difficulty when you open the mouth, smile or laugh. The first tendency is to use w lip balm, but there are some natural treatments that can help you get rid of this problem quickly.
The main causes of angular cheilitis are:
– Deficiency of minerals such as iron or zinc, and vitamin B2;
– Poor hygiene;
– Medicinal treatments that dry the skin and lead to chapped lips;
Here’s what to do if you’re facing this problem:
In its infancy, angular chelitis is easy to treat with a few simple remedies:
– HONEY. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, fights microorganisms that cause infection. Apply honey on the cracks in the corner of your mouth and let it take effect for 15 minutes. If you use a piece of cucumber, dryness and pain will diminish.
– ALOE VERA GEL: in general, this gift from nature is effective in treating any type of skin lesion, and can be used in case of angular cheilitis. Apply cold aloe vera gel on the affected area and leave it to take effect for at least 20 minutes before rinsing it.
– VASELINE OR NATURAL LIP BALM.It is important to use natural one, because chemicals can cause you trouble if the area is sensitized. It is safest use Vaseline or a natural lip balm natural based on coconut oil.
– NATURAL MIXTURE: Mix two tablespoons of tea tree oil with one tablespoon of vitamin E oil and half a teaspoon of Vaseline, then apply this mixture on the cracks several times a day. After several days, you will notice an improvement and the pain stops.
– COCOA BUTTER: this natural product well moisturizes the area and should be applied 2-3 times
– WATER: perhaps this solution seems too simple, but it is essential that when you have cracked corners of the mouth to drink enough water, to prevent chapped lips as much as possible.